Hello Everyone 🙂
French Customs still hasn’t updated us on status. We will post as soon as we know. Sorry for this delay, but this part of the process is out of our hands until Customs releases the boards.
We have completed most Indiegogo shipments. If you are an Indiegogo backer who ordered prior to 12/18/2016 and still haven’t received the BLINK S2, please contact email@example.com. Some backers might have received the BLINK S2 without the extra charger and backpack. But, no need to worry, the extra charger and backpack will be shipped to you separately.
We are working on fulfilling shipments to customers who pre-ordered after 12/18/16. More BLINK S2s are on the way to our warehouse.
Shipment left our factory on 7/19. Ocean freight is scheduled to depart on 7/28. ETA to France is 8/29.
Our partner in Australia is still working on the importation permit for the BLINK S2. Once they get the permit, we’ll be able to start shipment. Important! We have sent out the shipping survey to BLINK S2 backers in Australia. Please respond to the survey email to confirm or update your shipping information before the shipment starts. A confirmed shipping address and phone number are required for customs clearance once the shipment has arrived at Australian customs.
We have shipped to most backers in APAC. Our shipping agency normally provides the tracking numbers 5 – 7 days after the shipment was processed. We will send you the tracking numbers as soon as we receive them from the shipping agency. (Please note: shipment to some countries doesn’t have tracking information)
We’ll start processing the BLINK S2 website and Indiegogo In-Demand orders to APAC countries next week. Shipping surveys will be sent to these customers to confirm their shipping information prior to beginning shipment.
Shipment to some countries requires additional information. Please respond to our emails with the information required so we can process your shipment promptly.
Shipment to Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia will be shipped directly from the U.S..
Important! Most shipments to APAC countries will require signature for delivery. Before signing, we advise you to inspect the package for damage or missing contents. ACTON is not responsible for any damage or missing contents if the parcel is signed.
As mentioned in our last blog, we have received the latest production level prototype and it’s great! We have tested all key specs and it has matched our stated specs:
|Top Speed: 23 MPH|
|Range: 22 Miles|
|Incline Rate: 30%|
Many of our backers have been asking for more videos of the BLINK QU4TRO. Here are some of the clips from our testing: Our engineers have disassembled the prototype for inspection and testing so we can’t make any more videos until next week. We will share more photos and videos once we have the prototype ready again.
(BLINK QU4TRO Prototype Acceleration Test. NOT Final Product.)
(Image size: 12MB, Wifi connection is recommended)
(BLINK QU4TRO Prototype vs BLINK S2 Acceleration Test , BLINK S2 with a Head-start)
(BLINK QU4TRO in the video is NOT Final Product)
The performance of BLINK QU4TRO is breathtaking! Check out how our professional test rider described the BLINK QU4TRO: “The experience of the QU4TRO is unlike any other!”… “The speed and acceleration combined provide next level torque…” ” Overall, the QU4TRO is exhilarating and a game changer”
If you would like to experience the awesomeness of the BLINK QU4TRO yourself, we are now looking for enthusiastic local riders to come to our office and try the BLINK QU4TRO production level prototype. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Availability is limited.
Criteria to become a tester for BLINK QU4TRO:
- You’re a skateboarder with a solid understanding of skateboards or electric skateboards
- You already own an electric skateboard of any brand.
- You are active on social media.
Going into the campaign, we had mostly completed our development of our three boards. As we launched, a couple of our competitors announced some issues with their products that took them quite some time to sort out. It is hard to predict when an issue will pop up, but we felt that extra testing was really the only solution. This is something we have talked about a few times over the last few months. We implemented a rigorous program to make sure that all of our products leave our factory as well-engineered as they can be. This has caused some delays in our process but it has also caused them to be awesome. Both the S and the S2 are amazing boards that we are extremely proud of and they became awesome through the testing crucible. We are going back through the QU4TRO again with the same, if not increased scrutiny. This board is quite advanced and we have made a lot of changes to it that we did not plan on making when we launched.
- Trucks: The trucks you see on the prototype are not final. We’ve been using the BLINK S2 trucks on the prototype since they handle so well. However, after testing the QU4TRO at its highest speeds (above those of the S2), the S2 trucks feel they need some improvement for this application. We are going to wider, stronger trucks on the production BLINK QU4TRO for better handling at higher speeds.
- Wheels: We are still waiting for the molding to complete for the new wheels. The wheels you see on this prototype are not final. We will use wider wheels on production models for even better grip. We are not doing multicolored wheels as the thinner Urethane around the motors can come apart at the junction of the two colors. We felt a swirl pattern just didn’t fit the design, so, they’ll be black.
- Weight: The weight of the prototype is a few pounds over our expectations. Our engineers are working on optimizing the materials and structure to lower the weight of the BLINK QU4TRO. Keep in mind that this is an AWD board that has two more motors than other products on the market; we originally came up with this structure because it allowed us to build the board at a comparable weight, even with those motors. Our fine toothed comb is out and we are hard at work.
We need to open a few new molds in order to reduce the weight of the BLINK QU4TRO. We now expect the molding to be complete and start shipping from our Asian facility to our US warehouse by the end of August. Please bear with us, it will be worth it. 🙂
Have a nice weekend